Success in an online class depends on how well a student adapts to self-directed study. As an independent learner, it is important to remember that your time management skills will be tested.
Tips for Success
- Be certain your computer has the basic requirements for accessing online courses.
- Communicate with your instructor and other students in your class via email and the discussion board. This requires the ability to communicate well in writing, read from a computer screen, and have confidence in your skills.
- Log-in every day to read messages from your classmates and instructors. Online classes require a minimum of 6-10 hours per week during the Fall and Spring semesters, more during Summer terms. Time management is an essential element in online learning!
- Make sure you have a private place where you can study.
- Print your course syllabus as soon as you begin the course.
Remember there are others just like you in class who can be a great support and resource for your online experience.
If you need technical assistance with your online course, please contact the Help Desk at 501.882.8894.