What is the Career Pathways Initiative?
Career Pathways at ASU-Beebe is a grant-funded program designed to assist low-income parents in overcoming barriers preventing them from achieving academic access or success in the workplace. Benefits for eligible students may include tuition and fees, childcare expenses, and fuel vouchers.
Qualifications & Required Documents
To qualify, you must:
- Be a resident of Arkansas.
- Be the parent or legal guardian of a child under 21 years of age.
- Be receiving Food Stamps, Medicaid or ARKids, or earnings that fall below the 250% federal poverty level guidelines.
Required Documents needed:
- Current year's Federal Income Tax returns
- Current DHS letter, on letterhead, with your name listed as Case Header or part of the case stating all of the benefits you currently receive (TEA, SNAP, ARKids, Medicaid)
- Applicant's driver's license or Photo ID
- Applicant's Social Security card
- Child(ren) 's birth certificates or Proof of Birth from a hospital
- Child(ren) 's Social Security cards
Career Pathways will work with students to provide the following:
- Individual Career Counseling
- Interest Inventories for Career Exploration
- Employability Skills Training
- Assistance Finding Employment
- Access to a Computer lab
- Financial Assistance (with gas vouchers, day care, and tuition and books)
We offer appointment times in Searcy and Beebe.
By Alison Doyle, About.com Guide, there are several basic types of resumes used to apply for job openings. Depending on your personal circumstances, choose a chronological, a functional, combination, or a targeted resume.
Types of Resumes: