- Make welds with a constant current power source in different positions. Use of 6010 and 7018 electrodes to weld overlapping plates in the Flat, Horizontal, Vertical and Overhead positions. T-Joints in the 1F, 2F, 3F, and 4F positions.
- Interpret a WPS, Welding Procedure Specification, in accordance with industry standards.
- Perform Thermal processes with equipment such as oxy-fuel cutting, plasma arc cutting and air carbon arc gouging.
- Practice Basic Safety and Welding Safety.
- Perform SMAW Equipment set-up with a constant current SMAW welding equipment.
- Read and interpret welding symbols and basic welding detail drawings.
- Automobile manufacturing
- Pipeline construction
Heber Springs Virtual Tour
Searcy Welding Program
Matthew Dunn | Instructor of Welding
Searcy Campus | College
Terry McKinney | Instructor of Welding
Searcy Campus | High School
Hayden Ponder | Instructor of Welding
Heber Springs Campus | College
Troy Reed | Instructor of Welding
Heber Springs Campus | High School