- Prepare graduates for the workplace through job placement, for transfer to the upper division programs, and for the eligibility necessary to pass a nationally recognized certification examination at the MLT level.
- Produce a skilled medical laboratory professional with the knowledge and competence in the theoretical principles inherent to the performance of medical laboratory testing.
- Prepare students to possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed in the professional setting to gain and maintain the confidence of patients, professional associates, and the community.
- 2023 MLT Graduation Rate (100%)
- 2022 MLT Graduation Rate (100%)
- 2021 MLT Graduation Rate (100%)
Job Placement Rates/Outcomes
- 2023 MLT Class (100%)
- 2022 MLT Class (100%)
- 2021 MLT Class (100%)
Certification/Licensure Passage Rates
- 2020 ASCP: 100% (6 of 6 Students)
- 2021 ASCP: 100% (6 of 6 Students)
- 2022 ASCP: 91% (10 of 11 Students)
Medical Laboratory Technologists (MLTs) work in a variety of laboratories, including:
- Physician/Medical Clinics
- Blood Donation Centers
- Clinical Reference
- Federal or State Crime
- Environmental Health
Costs & Fees
Specific MLT Program Costs:
- Criminal Background Check: $35
- TB Skin Test (if requested by clinical site): $20
- Uniforms: $150
- Shoes: $50
- Books: $547
As successful graduates of the MLT program at ASU-Beebe, students can benefit from our partnership with the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS). Through the UAMS Distance Learning program, students can further their education by obtaining their Bachelor of Science degree as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS). If accepted, students can work full-time as an MLT while completing any outstanding MLS prerequisites and MLS coursework online.
Jennifer Stubenrauch, MSEd, MLS (ASCP)