Apply Now

Work Study Students

What is a Work Study?

The Work Study Program is one way to help you meet your financial obligations while attending college. It also provides solid work experience to help enhance your resume. There are two types, Federal Work Study and Institutional Work Study. You must complete the following steps to apply for Work Study at ASU-Beebe.

  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Meet the ASU-Beebe Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. 
Read, sign, and adhere to the ASU-Beebe Work Study assignment (to be completed during the hiring process).
*You must have a current FAFSA on file to be considered for a Work Study. 

Steps to Apply:

  • Verify with the Office of Financial Aid that you qualify for Federal Work Study.
  • Visit Jobs at ASU-Beebe to view and apply for Federal and Institutional Work Study positions.
  • The student will be required to complete an employment application as well as upload a resume and cover letter.
  • The Work Study assignment form will be sent to the supervisor for completion by the student and supervisor.
  • The Office of Financial Aid will send the completed Work Study assignment to the Office of Human Resources for the Federal Work Study students.
  • The Office of Human Resources will contact the student to schedule a time to complete the employee orientation and paperwork.
  • Once orientation is complete, the Office of Human Resources will notify the supervisor when the student may begin working.
*Do not begin working without a release from the Office of Human Resources.

    Work Study FAQs

    How do I apply for Federal Work Study? The Federal Work Study program is for students with financial needs. Students must have the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with the Office of Financial Aid. Once the application has been processed, the student must contact ASU-Beebe Office of Financial Aid at 501.882.8845 to determine eligibility status.

    How do I find a Work Study position? A list of Federal and Institutional Work Study positions can be found on our website at

    How do I get hired? You must apply for work-study positions via the website by completing the employment application and uploading a resume and cover letter. You may be contacted for an interview by the hiring supervisor. If you are selected for hire, you will be contacted by either the supervisor or human resources.

    How many hours per week can I work? Based upon a student's eligibility, a student may be able to work from a minimum of five (5) hours to a maximum of 20 hours per week. This also depends upon the work-study positions available. Students must be enrolled for a minimum of three (3) hours during the summer and six (6) hours during the fall and spring semesters. 

    How will I be paid? A student is paid for the hours worked on the fifteenth of each month and the last day of each month. The rate of pay is based on the current minimum wage. 

    Federal Work Study Information

    Federal Work Study Funds are Earned. Your funds are paid with the regular payroll based on the number of hours you and your supervisor certify that you worked during the pay period. Remember that you cannot work over the number of hours for which you are eligible. To receive your Federal Work Study funds, you must perform the duties assigned to you to earn your pay.

    Federal Work Study Positions are Not Guaranteed. There may be more students eligible for Federal Work Study positions than positions available. The student recruitment specialist in the Office of Human Resources will make every effort to assist a student in locating a position, but the final decision is made by the hiring supervisors. 

    What Happens if I am Hired by a Department? A Work Study assignment form will be sent to the department supervisor to be completed by the student and the supervisor. A copy must be returned to the Office of Financial Aid and the Office of Human Resources. The Office of Human Resources will schedule you to complete the required paperwork and orientation for employment. Make sure you give a working phone number and/or email address that you can be reached at for setting up your meeting with human resources. 

    Upon completing this process with the Office of Human Resources, the supervisor will be notified that the student may begin working. 
    *Do not begin working until your supervisor has received clearance from the Office of Human Resources.
    Go Top