Withdraw Impact on Financial Aid

Financial Aid Implications

Important Message

If you withdraw from some or all of your courses or stop attending classes or enroll for less than half-time status, your aid will be revised and/or you MAY BE REQUIRED TO REPAY ALL OR A PORTION of the aid you received (see Return of Title IV Funds below).

You must notify the Financial Aid Office immediately if any of these changes occur.

The "last date of attendance" is used to determine the percentage of the enrollment-payment period the student completed. The student’s instructor(s) may be asked to provide the Financial Aid Office of the student’s last date of attendance, which may include the date of the last quiz or exam taken, date of the last assignment submitted, or the date of the last actual attendance in the course. The percentage of Title IV aid earned by the student is equal to the percentage of the enrollment-payment period the student completed.

Federal Direct Student Loan borrowers are required to complete an Exit Counseling when dropping below half-time enrollment or withdrawing from the university. Visit StudentLoans.gov to complete Exit Counseling.

Return of Title IV Funds

Federal Title IV funds are awarded to a student under the assumption that the student will attend school for the entire period for which the assistance is awarded. When a student withdraws, the student may no longer be eligible for the full amount of Title IV funds that the student was originally scheduled to receive. 

Students receiving any Federal Title IV aid, who completely withdraws prior to completing at least 60% of the enrollment period, must have a Return of Title IV processed to determine the amount of aid the student earned.

This requirement applies to students who receive federal student aid including Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Subsidized or Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans, but not Federal Work-Study.

If the amount disbursed to the student is greater than the amount the student earned, unearned funds must be returned. If the amount disbursed to the student is less than the amount the student earned, and for which the student is otherwise eligible, he or she is eligible to receive a post-withdrawal disbursement of the earned aid that was not received.

The student may still owe funds to Arkansas State University-Beebe to cover unpaid institutional charges. ASU-Beebe may charge the student for any Title IV aid that ASU-Beebe was required to return.

Note: Return of Title IV Aid is based on the type of aid disbursed in the following order:
  1. Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
  2. Subsidized Stafford Loan
  3. Plus Loan
  4. Pell Grant
  5. FSEOG

A student may want to visit with the Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing in order to determine how this may affect their future aid eligibility.

Schedule Appointment with Financial Aid Representative

If you have questions, please call Financial Aid at 501.882.8845 or email finaid@asub.edu.

Plan My Future

Advising and Orientation

Don't know what classes to take? Click here and connect with your advisor.

Degrees And Certificates

Want to know what we offer? Click here

Transfer Options

Needing to transfer? No problem, we have options!

Take college classes while still in high school

Concurrent Enrollment

Concurrent enrollment enables students to get a jump on their degree path by gaining college credits while still in high school.

Vanguard Academies

Click here to learn more about Vanguard Academies through your high school.

Regional Career Center

Courses taken at the Regional Career Center are full academic credit through your high school. Students are also eligible to receive concurrent college credit for most of our programs.

Earn my GED.

GED Offices

Meet our staff and locations.

GED Testing

The ASU-Beebe Adult Education Centers offer Official GED® Testing on the Searcy campus. 

Services Offered

ASUB Adult Ed offers a variety of services and trainings to better prepare the community for the workforce.

Advance my education and skills.

Workforce Education

These short-term classes are usually offered at night, weekends, or online and are designed to enhance personal or professional skills. 

Community Education

The Continuing Education/Workforce Development Department at ASU-Beebe sponsors numerous non-credit classes that are designed to meet the needs of the general public and business workforce.

Advanced Programs

Through a partnership between A-State and ASUB, students may earn baccalaureate degrees from Arkansas State University by taking coursework at the Degree Center on the Beebe campus.

Visit the Vanguard Hub

Visit the Banner Self-Service portal

Your portal to your Vanguard Future!


Request an Official Transcript

Get your transcript sent where you need it.

Need Something Else?

Visit the Vanguard Hub for all your student resources.

Visit for a semester!

Visiting Students

Visiting Students are enrolled at a college seeking credit for course work at another college.


Let us help you achieve your education goals!

Vanguard Hub

Visit the Vanguard Hub for all your student resources.