Financial Aid FAQ's and Resources

Financial Aid FAQ's

You can apply for financial aid for free online at

Back to Top

Log onto Banner Self-Service to review your financial aid award information. You will be able to see missing documents that must be submitted to Financial Aid in order to determine your aid eligibility, when you have been awarded, and the award amount(s).

Back to Top

You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to start the process of applying for aid. Once the college has received your information from the Department of Education, we can determine if you are eligible for aid and if so, how much aid and what kind aid you are eligible. This is based on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the cost of attendance, your enrollment status, and whether or not you are meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. An award letter will be posted on your Vanguard Portal with the type and amount of aid awarded.

Back to Top

If you have been determined to be dependent, you must provide your parents' tax information on the application. Changes in dependency status are at the Financial Aid Director's discretion, based on extenuating circumstances, and determined on a case-by-case basis. 

Back to Top

Your award letter will be available on Banner Self-Service once your file has been processed. If you want to accept student loans, you must approve, decline, or modify your request. 

Back to Top

Student loans are offered to any eligible student through the Banner Self-Service. 

Back to Top

The Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Entrance Counseling are required by Direct Lending before loan money can be released to your account. You must go to to complete these documents. If you do not want the loans that have been offered to you, please decline them in Banner Self-Service.

Back to Top

If you believe you have a refund check available, you may contact the Cashier's Office at 501.882.8850. The Financial Aid Office does not distribute checks and has no authority in the release of refund checks.

Back to Top

Contact the Cashier's Office at 501.882.8850 to stop the Payment Plan. The Financial Aid Office does not handle the automatic Payment Plan.

Back to Top

Changing your Degree Program

Yes, it could.

You need to review your total attempted credit hours and the number of hours needed for your new degree to determine if you can complete the new degree within the 150% timeframe required under the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP).

Time Frame (150%): Students must complete a course of study within 150% of the published length of their degree program. 

Example: 60 credit hours for your degree x 150% = 90 attempted credit hours

If you have attended other colleges or universities, career schools or any other post-secondary education, you must submit an Official Transcript from each of them to the Admissions Office and verify with Financial Aid that the hours from these schools have been evaluated.

Back to Top

Yes, there is.

The loan eligibility time limit on Direct Student Loans is $57,500 for undergraduates. No more than $23,000 of this amount may be in subsidized loans.


Back to Top

To receive either type of loan, you must be enrolled at least half-time at a school that participates in the Direct Loan Program. Generally, you must also be enrolled in a program that leads to a degree or certificate awarded by the school. Direct Subsidized Loans are available only to undergraduate students who have financial need. Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to both undergraduates and graduate or professional degree students. You are not required to show financial need to receive a Direct Unsubsidized Loan.

Back to Top

No, it does not matter.

The above regulations affect all students as of July 1, 2013. It does not matter if you began at a 4-year college or a 2-year college. The eligibility is based on your degree program length and your completion of your degree program within a timely manner.

Back to Top

Additional Information on Federal Student Aid

If you have any questions, you may contact the Financial Aid Office at 501.882.8845 or email

Helpful Resources

Other Scholarship Search Sites

For questions, you may contact the Financial Aid Office at 501.882.8845 or email

Plan My Future

Advising and Orientation

Don't know what classes to take? Click here and connect with your advisor.

Degrees And Certificates

Want to know what we offer? Click here

Transfer Options

Needing to transfer? No problem, we have options!

Take college classes while still in high school

Concurrent Enrollment

Concurrent enrollment enables students to get a jump on their degree path by gaining college credits while still in high school.

Vanguard Academies

Click here to learn more about Vanguard Academies through your high school.

Regional Career Center

Courses taken at the Regional Career Center are full academic credit through your high school. Students are also eligible to receive concurrent college credit for most of our programs.

Earn my GED.

GED Offices

Meet our staff and locations.

GED Testing

The ASU-Beebe Adult Education Centers offer Official GED® Testing on the Searcy campus. 

Services Offered

ASUB Adult Ed offers a variety of services and trainings to better prepare the community for the workforce.

Advance my education and skills.

Workforce Education

These short-term classes are usually offered at night, weekends, or online and are designed to enhance personal or professional skills. 

Community Education

The Continuing Education/Workforce Development Department at ASU-Beebe sponsors numerous non-credit classes that are designed to meet the needs of the general public and business workforce.

Advanced Programs

Through a partnership between A-State and ASUB, students may earn baccalaureate degrees from Arkansas State University by taking coursework at the Degree Center on the Beebe campus.

Visit the Vanguard Hub quick links

Visit the Banner Self-Service

Get started to your Vanguard Future!


Request an Official Transcript

Get your transcript sent where you need it.

Need Something Else?

Visit the Vanguard Hub for quick links to student resources.

Visit for a semester!

Visiting Students

Visiting Students are enrolled at a college seeking credit for course work at another college.


Let us help you achieve your education goals!

Vanguard Hub

Visit the Vanguard Hub for all your student resources.