Apply Now

Advising Information

Advising Information

Every current student is assigned an academic advisor based on their degree program. Students should access Banner Self-Service for the name of their academic advisor, located in the student profile section in Banner. It is important to establish this mentoring relationship early in your time at ASU-Beebe. If you are unable to find the name of your advisor, please contact the Advising and Learning Center for assistance.

Most new students will schedule an advising appointment with the Advising and Learning Center. Students will receive a phone call, email or text message with instructions on scheduling an appointment. Please visit the New Student Advising & Registration page for more details. Walk-ins are also welcome. Please note that some degree programs are only advised by a faculty advisor (i.e., agriculture equipment technology) and not by the Advising and Learning Center.

Students needing to change their degree path or major, should contact their assigned advisor. A new advisor will be assigned based on the area of interest and will then assist the student. Changing a major can result in completed courses not being used toward the new degree plan. Students need to discuss this possibility with an advisor before changing majors.

Students that need to update or change an advisor will need to contact their current advisor. Students may also contact the Advising and Learning Center for more details on changing an advisor.

The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) contains information about the transferability of courses within Arkansas public colleges and universities. Students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits and equitable treatment in applying credits for the admissions and degree requirements. Course transferability is not guaranteed for courses listed in ACTS as "no comparable course." Additionally, courses with a "D" grade frequently do not transfer. Institutional policies may vary.

The Roger Phillips Transfer Policy Act of 2009 established a system for fully transferable credit hours among public institutions of higher education for degrees in Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and Associate of Arts in Teaching. It requires all four-year public institutions of higher education to accept all hours completed and to admit a transfer student with junior status in a baccalaureate degree program. The act also specifies transfer guidelines for each two-year public institution within fifty miles of the four-year institution.

2+2 Four-Year Agreements: Partnerships with four-year colleges to assist with the completion of a bachelors degree.

Career Pathways: Student support initiative.

Counseling Services: Free counseling services for all students.

Degrees and Certificates: All degrees offered at ASU-Beebe.

Disability Services: Accommodations and services.

Financial Aid Office: FAFSA, pell grants, loans and scholarships.

Payment Due Dates: Cashier's office and payment plan options.

Registrar's Office: Transfer, graduation and transcript request.

Registrar Forms Page: Name change, withdraw, diploma request and records request.

Testing Services: Placement test information and schedule.

TRIO/Student Support Services: Federally funded student support program.

Tutoring Services: Tutoring schedule and guidelines for free tutoring.

Expand Close All

Important Info

Advising & Learning Center
Dr. Eugene McKay Student Center
Office Hours:
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Contact Info

Beebe Campus | 501.882.8867
McKay Student Center, Room 200

Heber Springs Campus | 501.362.1121
Student Services Bldg, 2nd Floor

Searcy Campus | 501.207.6252
Main Building, Room 306
Go Top