Paid Mandatory Student Fees
Paid Course/lab Fees
Arkansas State University Beebe is not qualified to provide legal and/or tax advice. The information provided may reflect recent revisions in IRS regulations. For tax advice on your specific situation, contact a tax professional.
I graduated and now I can't log into the student portal. How can I get my 1098-T?
Portal access is not removed when you leave the university. Please contact the University ITS Help Desk at 501.882.8999. You may need to reset your password.
How do I file the 1098-T tax form with the IRS?
ASU Beebe does not give tax advice on how to use the form. If you have such questions, please contact your tax preparer, tax adviser or the IRS. The IRS has published information about the 1098-T tax form available online.
Does the 1098-T include charges for books?
No, ASU Beebe does not include amounts paid for books in Box 2 of Form 1098-T. You should consult with your tax advisor to determine if payments for books, equipment or fees should be considered when preparing your income tax returns and determining eligibility for education tax credits or deductions.
My accountant says that the University must provide me with a form 1098-T.
The University is not required, by the IRS, to furnish a Form 1098-T in the following instances:
- Payments for courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program.
- Enrolled student is a nonresident alien.
- Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with grants/scholarships.
- Students in non degree seeking enrollments.
- Students for whom you do not maintain a separate financial account and whose qualified tuition and related expenses are covered by a formal billing arrangement between an institution and the student's employer or a governmental entity, such as the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Department of Defense.
Items Reported on the 1098-T
The items below are generally reported on the 1098-T. See the next section for exceptions.
Items NOT Reported on the 1098-T
Payments to the items below are NOT reported on the 1098-T. Unless noted otherwise, the IRS does not generally allow you to claim these items when calculating your allowable educational expenses and payments.
Student Loans - If applicable, your loan provider will issue tax statements for deductible
Room and Board Expenses
Fines (ie., parking, library)
Tuition and Fees for Non-Credit Courses