1098-T Tax Information

Arkansas State University Beebe is not qualified to provide legal and/or tax advice. The information provided may reflect recent revisions in IRS regulations. For tax advice on your specific situation, contact a tax professional. 


I graduated and now I can't log into the student portal. How can I get my 1098-T?

Portal access is not removed when you leave the university. Please contact the University ITS Help Desk at 501.882.8999. You may need to reset your password.

How do I file the 1098-T tax form with the IRS?

ASU Beebe does not give tax advice on how to use the form. If you have such questions, please contact your tax preparer, tax adviser or the IRS. The IRS has published information about the 1098-T tax form available online.

Does the 1098-T include charges for books?

No, ASU Beebe does not include amounts paid for books in Box 2 of Form 1098-T.  You should consult with your tax advisor to determine if payments for books, equipment or fees should be considered when preparing your income tax returns and determining eligibility for education tax credits or deductions.

My accountant says that the University must provide me with a form 1098-T.

The University is not required, by the IRS, to furnish a Form 1098-T in the following instances:

  • Payments for courses for which no academic credit is offered, even if the student is otherwise enrolled in a degree program.
  • Enrolled student is a nonresident alien.
  • Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid entirely with grants/scholarships.
  • Students for whom you do not maintain a separate financial account and whose qualified tuition and related expenses are covered by a formal billing arrangement between an institution and the student's employer or a governmental entity, such as the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Department of Defense.

More FAQ on the IRS web site.

Items Reported on the 1098-T

The items below are generally reported on the 1098-T.  See the next section for exceptions.

Paid Tuition
Paid Mandatory Student Fees
Paid Course/lab Fees

Items NOT Reported on the 1098-T

Payments to the items below are NOT reported on the 1098-T.  Unless noted otherwise, the IRS does not generally allow you to claim these items when calculating your allowable educational expenses and payments.

Student Loans - If applicable, your loan provider will issue tax statements for deductible loan interest.
Room and Board Expenses
Fines (ie., parking, library)
Tuition and Fees for Non-Credit Courses

Other Resources

More on 1098 – T from the National Association of College and University Business Officers

 1098 – T instructions 



Plan My Future

Advising and Orientation

Don't know what classes to take? Click here and connect with your advisor.

Degrees And Certificates

Want to know what we offer? Click here

Transfer Options

Needing to transfer? No problem, we have options!

Take college classes while still in high school

Concurrent Enrollment

Concurrent enrollment enables students to get a jump on their degree path by gaining college credits while still in high school.

Vanguard Academies

Click here to learn more about Vanguard Academies through your high school.

Regional Career Center

Courses taken at the Regional Career Center are full academic credit through your high school. Students are also eligible to receive concurrent college credit for most of our programs.

Earn my GED.

GED Offices

Meet our staff and locations.

GED Testing

The ASU-Beebe Adult Education Centers offer Official GED® Testing on the Searcy campus. 

Services Offered

ASUB Adult Ed offers a variety of services and trainings to better prepare the community for the workforce.

Advance my education and skills.

Workforce Education

These short-term classes are usually offered at night, weekends, or online and are designed to enhance personal or professional skills. 

Community Education

The Continuing Education/Workforce Development Department at ASU-Beebe sponsors numerous non-credit classes that are designed to meet the needs of the general public and business workforce.

Advanced Programs

Through a partnership between A-State and ASUB, students may earn baccalaureate degrees from Arkansas State University by taking coursework at the Degree Center on the Beebe campus.

Visit the Vanguard Hub

Visit the Banner Self-Service portal

Your portal to your Vanguard Future!


Request an Official Transcript

Get your transcript sent where you need it.

Need Something Else?

Visit the Vanguard Hub for all your student resources.

Visit for a semester!

Visiting Students

Visiting Students are enrolled at a college seeking credit for course work at another college.


Let us help you achieve your education goals!

Vanguard Hub

Visit the Vanguard Hub for all your student resources.