Program Learning Outcomes
The EMS program aims to produce competent, entry-level providers in Arkansas for career and volunteer positions. This program follows the current National EMS Education Standards and complies with the Arkansas Office of EMS and Trauma Systems rules and regulations. Per the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration (NHTSA) curriculum, ASU-Beebe's EMS program goals will be accomplished through the following objectives:
- Demonstrate the cognitive ability to comprehend, apply and evaluate clinical information relative to their entry-level EMS education.
- Demonstrate the technical proficiency in all psychomotor skills necessary to fulfill the role of an entry-level EMS provider.
- Demonstrate effective personal behaviors consistent with professional and employer expectations for an entry-level EMS provider.
- Given a pre-hospital emergency care scenario, manage a team of rescuers, supervise and perform an assessment of the scene/patient, and apply currently acceptable patient care protocols.
- Demonstrate clinical competence before and while assigned to patient care responsibilities.
- Ambulance Services
- Fire Services
- Emergency Departments
- Helicopter EMS
- Disaster Medicine
- Urgent Cares
Costs & Fees
Justin Allen, M.Ed., NRP
Zach Smith, Instructor of EMT