As a new employee, you will be required to attend a new employee orientation meeting upon employment. The Office of Human Resources will contact you to schedule a time for the orientation.
Please plan approximately 1.5 hours for orientation. During this time you will complete the applicable documents for employment. Usually after your orientation, new employees will report to their new department for the remainder of the day.
During your orientation session you will be required to provided identification documentation for I-9 completion
List of Acceptable I-9 Documents
Additional documents to be provided are as follows:
- Voided check or a form from your bank with the routing and account number for Direct Deposit
Part-Time Employee 403 (b) Retirement Plan
Social Security Alternative Plan
Effective January 1, 2008, ASU-Beebe implemented the Social Security Alternative Plan for its part-time, temporary, and seasonal employees. Rather than sending the customary 7.5% of salary to Social Security, ASU-Beebe will remit these dollars to a tax-sheltered annuity account in the name of the employee. With the implementation of the alternative plan, employees will benefit by:
- Employees retain all earning credits, as well as Social Security benefits accumulated prior to enrollment in the Alternative Plan.
- If an employee is currently being paid SS income, it will not be affected.
- After the employee's first pay and data is remitted to TIAA, the employee will receive by mail, an information packet from TIAA that includes their TIAA Contract and Certificate and a TIAA Service Directory.
- Initially, contributors will automatically be allocated to the Money Market account. Once you receive the information packet from TIAA, you can call their Telephone Counseling Center at 1-800-842-2776 to change your allocation.