Services are available at NO charge to participants.
To be considered for Student Support Services, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be a U. S. citizen or meet residency requirements for federal student aid
- Have a need for academic support
- Be either a first-generation college student (neither parent has a baccalaureate degree), and/or meet family income guidelines, or be an individual with a disability.
The need criteria are similar to eligibility for federal student aid, but eligibility for one does not necessarily constitute eligibility for the other.
If you wish to be considered for our program, please:
- Download the application.
- Print both pages of the application, and fill them out
- If you are under age 26 and and a dependent student on your parents taxes, either have your parent fill in the income and sign the application or attach a copy of the first two pages of current 1040 tax return. If you are over 26 years of age or have independent student status, please fill in the income section and sign the application.
- Bring or mail the completed application to State Hall, Room 125 (next to University Police) on the Beebe Campus or Room 230 in the Academic Building on the Heber Springs Campus, or mail it to:
c/o ASU-Beebe 101 River Crest Drive
P. O. Box 1000 Heber Springs, AR 72543
Beebe, AR 72012
Requirements to Stay Active in SSS
To remain in good standing in Student Support Services, you must:
- Complete the orientation process upon entering the program
- Meet with your Student Support Services advisor at the beginning and end of each semester
- Attend one workshop per semester*
- Attend one cultural activity per semester*
- Complete IAP and Student Contract each semester
- Attend tutoring sessions, or if tutoring is not required, spend 22 hours during the course of the semester in an academic area on campus such as Student Support Services classroom or computer lab, the Learning Center, math lab, or the library
- Abide by the standards or requirements assigned by the Student Support Services staff
*Suggested, but not mandatory.
If you would like a more detailed explanation of the requirements, please check the Student Support Services Student Handbook for the Beebe program or the Heber Springs Student Support Services Student Handbook.