Student Support Services is one of the five Federal TRIO Programs funded through the United States Department of Education. Other TRIO Programs include Upward Bound, Educational Opportunity Centers, Ronald E. McNair Post Baccalaureate Program and Talent Search.
The TRIO programs are designed to assist limited income, first generation college students and/or students with a disability. The programs help students enroll in and successfully graduate from a post-secondareducational institution. There are over 1200 TRIO programs throughout the country assisting college students. ASU-Beebe hosts two of these programs: Student Support Services and Upward Bound.
There are two Student Support Services programs designed to offer services to students, one on the ASU-Beebe campus and the second on the ASUB Heber Springs campus. ASU-Beebe Student Support Services is 100% federally funded at $261,389 annually to serve 160 students. ASUB Heber Springs Student Support Services is 100% federally funded at $232,265 annually to serve 140 Students. In addition to the federal guidelines stated above, students selected to participate in Student Support Services must meet the following criteria: need for academic support, and demonstrated motivation to persist and complete a college degree. Participants are expected to participate in the program until they graduate from ASU-Beebe and transfer to a four-year institution.
Students who join Student Support Services on the ASU-Beebe campuses will find that they are surrounded with a dedicated staff to help them succeed in the university environment. Students are encouraged and challenged to meet their academic potential.
Services to help you reach your goals:
- Staff and peer mentors
- Counseling and Advising
- English/Math lab with tutors
- Growing reference library
- Extensive tutorial services
- Computer lab access
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Website / Facebook
- Student Support Services Student Advisory Board
- University transfer trips
- Social belonging and mindset activities
Student Support Services provides first generation, low-income, and disabled participants with academic and support services in a caring environment. The program also seeks to ensure participants' successful completion of an associate degree or certificate at ASU-Beebe and/or transfer to a four-year baccalaureate program.
We are committed to:
- The beliefs that each participant has potential for academic success and should be valued and treated with respect
- Assessing participants' needs and providing individualized services to meet those needs
- Providing services that will assist students in overcoming academic and personal challenges to ensure their success at ASU-Beebe.
- Being advocates for college students who are first-generation, have limited income and/or have a disability
- Arkansas State University-Beebe
- Federal statute
- Student Support Services regulations
- Education Department General Administration Regulations (EDGAR)
- Educational opportunity
We distinguish ourselves through differentiated strategies including:
- Strong focus on the needs of each individual
- Effective tutoring, supplemental instruction. advising, counseling, mentoring programs
- Highly qualified, motivated staff
- Support for continued professional development
- Participant success at ASU-Beebe
- Academic success of participants
- Retention of participants
- Participant and staff evaluations
www.studygs.net (study guides and strategies)
www.eop.mu.edu/study/index.html (study tips and test taking strategies)
www.sosmath.com (math skills)
www.factmonster.com/homework/writingskills1.html (writing skills)
www.sparknotes.com (literature study guides)
Financial Aid / Scholarships