Repetition of Courses Policy
A student may repeat a course to change the original grade. The LAST grade earned will become the official grade and will be used to calculate the cumulative grade point average (GPA) - even if the last grade earned is lower than the original attempt.
Students who choose to repeat courses should know:
- Students must repeat the exact course to have the latest attempt replace the first attempt.
- All courses attempted will remain on the transcript.
- Previous attempts are indicated on the transcript by a # beside the letter grade with credit hours appearing in parentheses: [D# (3.00)]; an asterisk appears beside the last attempt [A*].
- Courses will only count toward graduation requirements once, even if both attempts are successful.
- Adjustments to the cumulative GPA are not made for courses transferred from other institutions because no grade points are assigned to transfer credits.
- Grades of "W," "I," or "AU" will not replace the original grade.
- Developmental courses are not included in the Repetition of Courses policy.
Change Major or Academic Advisor
Students wishing to change advisors; but keep the same major should see the appropriate Dean for a new advisor to be assigned.
Students wishing to change their major; but keep the same advisor should see their current advisor.
Students wishing to change their advisor and major should see the appropriate Dean for a new advisor to be assigned.
All changes in major and/or advisor are performed in Vanguard Portal. This is an action that can only be completed by faculty or administration.
Students wishing to change their name need to complete the Name Change Request and provide the necessary documentation to the Registrar's Office.
Change of Address
Log into Vanguard Portal
My Profile (Left menu)
Type the correct address in the webpage dialog box, then submit. If the address is not updated within 5 business days, call the Admissions Office at 501.882.8860.