Study Tips for Online Learning
Online Learning is an exciting way to earn college credit. As a student in an online class, you are not bound by place and time. Therefore, you have the freedom to work when it is convenient for you. Your success in an online class depends on how well you adapt to self-directed study. Please remember that, as an independent learner, your time management skills will be tested every day. Link to Blackboard
Here are a few tips for successful completion of online coursework:
- Be certain your computer has the basic requirements for accessing online courses.
- Make sure you have a private place where you can study.
- Plan to log in every day to read messages from your classmates and instructor. An online class will require a minimum of 6-10 hours per week during the spring and fall semesters, and more during the summer. Time management is an essential element in online learning.
- Communicate with your instructor and other students in your class via email and the discussion board. This requires the ability to communicate well in writing, to read from a computer screen, and to have confidence in your skills.
- Remember there are others just like you in class who can be a great support and resource for your online experience.
The Learning Center on the ASU-Beebe campus provides academic support for all ASU-Beebe students, including online learners through Blackboard. If you need technical assistance with your online course, please contact the Help Desk at (501) 882-4409.