Grant eligibility is determined by information from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Per Federal Regulations, federal aid (Pell, Work Study & Student Loans) can only pay for courses required for the degree you are seeking with Arkansas State University-Beebe.
Federal Pell Grants
What is a Federal Pell Grant?
A Federal Pell Grant is awarded to help undergraduate students pay for their education after high school. For the purposes of the Federal Pell Grant Program, an undergraduate is one who has not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. These grants provide a "foundation" of financial aid for many students to which aid from other federal sources may be added. Unlike loans, grants do not have to be repaid unless a student withdraws or has all failing grades.
How much can I receive from a Federal Pell Grant?
Amounts can change yearly. The maximum Federal Pell Grant awarded for the 2020-21 award year is $6,345.00. The amount awarded depends upon your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the cost of education, enrollment status, and whether or not attendance is for a full academic year or less. As mentioned above, your courses must apply to your degree to count toward eligibility and enrollment, which determines the amount of your Pell Grant and other federal aid.
Can I receive a Federal Pell Grant if I am enrolled less than half time?
Yes, you can if you are otherwise eligible. Your Pell Grant will be prorated according to the federal guidelines and the payment chart for the year. You will not receive as much as if you were full time. The school must disburse your Pell Grant funds in accordance with your enrollment status and cannot refuse to award you simply because you are enrolled less than half time.
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
What is a FSEOG?
This is a grant intended to supplement other aid received. These grants are federally funded with each school receiving a fixed amount per year. Therefore, funds are awarded to a limited number of undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. FSEOG does not have to be repaid.
How much can I get from a FSEOG at ASU-Beebe?
Federal SEOG is awarded to students who have an EFC of 500 or less and their FAFSA application was received prior to June 1. Awards will be $375 per semester as long as the student is meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress, enrolled in at least 6 credit hours that count toward their degree, and until the funds are exhausted.
Pell Recalculation Date for ASU-Beebe is the 11th Day of the semester.
- As of the Pell Recalculation Date (8/31) student is enrolled in 9 credit hours
- On September 2, two days AFTER the Pell Recalculation Date, student adds 3 credits for Term 2
- Pell must NOT be changed to add the additional credits due to them being added AFTER the Pell Recalculation Date
- Pell Grant remains at three-quarter time enrollment status payment
- As of the Pell Recalculation Date (8/31) student enrolls in 6 credit hours Term 1 and 6 credit hours in Term 2
- As of August 31, Pell Recalculation Date, student is still enrolled in 12 credit hours (which= full time enrollment status) with a Pell Payment amount of full time
- Then on September 25, student drops the 6 credit hours for Term 2
- Student’s enrollment status has changed to half-time and the Pell award MUST be recalculated because student never attended any class(es) in Term 2
- Student may owe ASU-Beebe and/or the Federal Government back if they have received the full Pell Grant amount at this time due to required Return of Title IV Funds Calculation