Once you have received your letter of acceptance from the ASU-Beebe Admissions Office, you are an official Vanguard student!
The next step is to schedule an advising appointment with an academic advisor to register for classes.
Review the following information to learn about meeting with an academic advisor, ASU-Beebe degree options, and other important information that will help you start your journey at ASU-Beebe.
- After completing the Admissions process, you will receive a formal notice that you have been admitted to ASU-Beebe. Please review the following information carefully before scheduling an appointment.
Within a few days, you will receive an email, phone call, or text to schedule an advising appointment. At this appointment, you will register for classes. Set up your appointment as soon as possible to avoid late registration. Classes will begin filling up quickly, so you need to be advised soon! You will be advised on the campus that you plan to attend.
- Please note that some programs require students to be admitted to the university as well as the program. Students admitted to those programs will be advised and enrolled by a faculty advisor in that program instead of the Advising & Learning Center. Examples include: John Deere Ag Tech, Veterinary Tech, Pharmacy Technician, Medical Lab Tech, and Practical Nursing.
It is very important that you review your degree options and have an idea of what you are interested in studying. You can be undecided, but your advisor will want to know what careers and fields interest you the most.
You can complete the New Student Intake Form prior to your advising appointment. You can either bring a completed copy to your advising appointment or complete the form in the office during your appointment.
*Registration and Advising Appointments for Summer and Fall will begin March 16th, 2020.
- During your first advising appointment, you will most likely meet with a staff advisor in the Advising and Learning Center. After your first appointment, you will be assigned a faculty advisor in your area of interest. This faculty advisor will be the person you meet with for future advising and registration needs.
Write down any questions you have and bring that list to your advising appointment!
If you have not been contacted to schedule an advising appointment, you may call the Advising staff for your campus:
Beebe Campus, 501-882-8867
Heber Springs Campus, 501-362-1121
Little Rock AFB University Center, 501-988-4151
Searcy Campus, 501-207-6252
- Visit the Degrees and Certificates page to see information for all ASU-Beebe degrees. What interests you?
- ASU-Beebe has three academic divisions: Arts & Humanities, Career Education, Math & Science. All degree paths will fall under one of those academic divisions. You can review the division pages for more degree and career information.
- Check out the Transfer Programs page to review the 2+2 transfer partnership degrees. ASU-Beebe has transfer agreements with four-year colleges that allow students to complete the first half of a Bachelor's degree before transferring. This ensures a safe transfer process without losing credit hours!
- Notice that some ASU-Beebe degrees are only offered on certain campuses, and some programs require a special program application process. Make sure to include that information in your planning.
- Before your advising appointment, you can log in to your Vanguard Portal account as an admitted student. Contact the ITS Helpline @ 501-882-8999 if you are unable to access the Portal.
- Complete the FAFSA online, and make sure you have submitted all documents to the Financial Aid office or the Portal.
- Plan to attend an ASU-Beebe Orientation before classes begin or during the first week of class.
- If you need help accessing your student email, Portal account, or Canvas account, visit the ITS Knowledge Base or visit the Technical Support page for assistance.
- Student ID Cards can be picked up in the Student Life Office. Bring a printed copy of your class schedule with you.
- If you plan to live on campus, complete the Housing Application as soon as possible.
- After building a class schedule, visit the ASU-Beebe Bookstore to purchase textbooks and apparel!
P.O. Box 1000
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.