Welcome to the Academic Advising Homepage!
This is a general advising page to help students, faculty and staff as they prepare for a productive advising experience. For further information, please see the information to the left.
The purpose of academic advising is to facilitate the intellectual and personal development of our students, to enhance their academic performance, and to ensure student progress toward graduation by assisting them in achieving the following objectives:
- Choosing, clarifying, planning and achieving their life goals;
- Exploring academic options so that they can make meaningful short and long-term decisions
- Identifying a major program to achieve educational, career, and life goals
- Selecting courses that integrate their educational and personal goals
- Assuming responsibility for current information about University degree requirements, including General Education, academic policies, practices, programs and support services.
"Transforming lives through building quality student-advisor relationships."