A student is eligible for a grade of incomplete only when an emergency or other reason beyond his/her control prevents completion of a course near the end of an academic term. Students must meet the following conditions to be considered for an incomplete grade:
1. The student must request in advance a grade of incomplete from the instructor of the course and must make arrangements for completing the coursework with the instructor.
2. At the time of the incomplete request, the student must have completed at least sixty percent of the academic semester. Each instructor may set a higher completion level requirement for his/her individual course.
3. At the time of the incomplete request, the student must have a grade of "C" or better in the course.
4. At the time of the incomplete request, the student must be in compliance with all course requirements as outlined in the course syllabus, including attendance requirements.
5. The instructor of a course has sole discretion in initiating an incomplete grade request. Instructors may deny an incomplete request even if a student meets the minimum requirements outlined above.