"Transforming Lives Through Quality Learning Experiences"

Veterans Affairs


Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA):

Active Duty and National Guard members may be eligible for FTA.  Veterans can receive up to $250 per semester hour for classroom and/or distance learning degree at accredited public and private institutions.  All applications for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) must be submitted online and they are due PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES.  For the most current guidelines, please visit the Go Army Ed website at www.goarmyed.com.

This cannot be used in conjunction with your GI Bill®.

National Guard Tuition Waiver:

The National Guard Tuition Waiver is a state funded award to assist Arkansas service members with their educational expenses. A soldier can receive up to 120 credit hours of tuition paid, up to a Bachelor degree.  For the most current guidelines, please visit the NG website at http://www.arguard.org/Education. The service member must complete the FAFSA(fafsa.gov), YOUuniversal(scholarships.adhe.edu), and NGTW applications(http://www.arguard.org/Education).

If you have questions about FTA or GTIP, contact the Education Service Officer at your unit or at Camp Robinson.

Military Dependent Scholarship Program (sponsored by ADHE):

Waiver of tuition, fees, room and board at any public college, university, or technical institute in Arkansas for dependents and spouses of Arkansans who were killed or missing in action or who were prisoners of war or who are totally and permanently disabled.


For complete information regarding the Military Dependents Scholarship Program (MDS), please see the MDS Rules and Regulation or call 501-371-2050.


Have you applied for Federal Title IV aid or State aid? You may qualify for assistance and it will not affect your VA benefits. www.fafsa.ed.gov and www.adhe.edu