Financial Aid


Grant eligibility is determined by information from the FAFSA

Federal Pell Grants

What is a Federal Pell Grant?

A Federal Pell Grant is awarded to help Undergraduate students pay for their education after high school. For the Federal Pell Grant Program, an undergraduate is one who has not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. These Grants provide a "foundation" of financial aid for many students to which aid from other federal sources may be added. Unlike loans, grants do not have to be repaid unless a student withdraws or has all failing grades.

How much can I receive from a Federal Pell Grant?

The maximum Award for the 2014-2015 year is $5730.00. The amount awarded will depend on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the cost of education, enrollment status, and whether or not attendance is for a full academic year or less.

Can I receive a Federal Pell Grant if I am enrolled less than half time?

Yes, if you are otherwise eligible. Your Pell Grant will be prorated according to guidlines and you will not receive as much as if you were full time. The school must disburse your Pell Grant funds in accordance with your enrollment status and cannot refuse to award you simply because you are enrolled less than half time.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

What is a FSEOG?

This is a grant intended to supplement other aid received. These grants are federally funded with each school receiving a fixed amount each year. Therefore, funds are awarded to a limited number of undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. FSEOG does not have to be repaid.

How much can I get from a FSEOG at ASU-Beebe?

Federal SEOG is awarded to students who have an EFC of 500 or less and their FAFSA application was received prior to June 1.  Awards will be $250 per semester as long as the student is meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress; is enrolled in at least 6 credit hours that count toward their degree and until the funds are exhausted.

sign up for our e-newsletter