"Transforming Lives Through Quality Learning Experiences"

Financial Aid

Financial Aid FAQ's

Q = How do I apply for financial aid?

A = You can apply for financial aid for free online at www.fafsa.gov.

Q = How do I check the status of my application?

A = Log onto your Vanguard Portal account to review your financial aid award information. If you are still missing any documents, you will be able to see that in your account. You will also be able to see when you've been awarded and the amounts.

Q = Am I eligible for financial aid? How will I know how much I'm eligible for?

A = You must complete the FAFSA to start the process of applying for aid. Once we have received that information from the Department of Ed, we can determine if you are eligible for aid and if so, how much and what kind you are eligible for. This is based on your EFC, the cost of attendance, your enrollment status, and whether or not you are meeting the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. An award letter will be posted on your Vanguard Portal with the type and amount of aid awarded.


Q = The FAFSA says I'm dependent and is asking for my parents' tax information, but I live on my own and pay all my own expenses. Can I be considered independent?"

A = If you have been determined to be dependent, you must provide your parents' tax information on the application. Changes in dependency status are at the director's discretion, based on extenuating circumstances and are done on a case by case basis.


Q = Can I accept my award online?

A = Your award letter will be available on Vanguard Portal once your file has been processed. Your aid is automatically accepted, but you do have the option to decline your aid. You must contact the Financial Aid Office if you choose to adjust the amount of any loans.


Q = How do I apply for Federal Direct Student Loans?

A = All students interested in student loans must complete a ASU-Beebe Loan Certification Form each academic year, to correspond with their FAFSA.


Q = Why does my Vanguard Portal account say I need to complete a Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling?

A = These are documents required by Direct Lending before loan money can be released to your account. You must go to studentloans.gov to complete these documents. If you do not want the loans that have been offered to you, please decline them on Vanguard Portal.


Q = When/where can I pick up my refund check?

A = If you believe you have a refund check available, you can contact the Business Office at 501-882-8850. The Financial Aid Office does not distribute these and has no authority in the release of refund checks.

Q = I was just awarded financial aid, but I'm set up on the FACTS payment plan. What do I need to do?

A = Contact the business office at 501-882-8850 to request to get the payment plan stopped. The Financial Aid Office does not handle the FACTS payment plan.