LRAFB Education Center
In 2011, the base’s education center relocated to the new Jacksonville-Little Rock AFB Education Center, a project jointly funded by the USAF and the City of Jacksonville. This state-of-the-art facility is located on LRAFB property adjacent to Highway 67/167 and is open to the public. The Education Center provides undergraduate and graduate programs offered by multiple public and private universities.
Not everyone working at a military base is member of the armed services. Service members' families and civilian base employees are also an important part of the LRAFB community. Military spouses can take advantage of their close proximity to an ASU-Beebe campus by taking classes at our Little Rock AFB Campus. Additional financial ssistance is also available under the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts for spouses who seek certification or an associate degree in an occupation that may be available regardless of where a service member is stationed.
Other civilians employed on base can improve their job prospects by earning a degree at our LRAFB Campus. For more information on what ASU-Beebe LRAFB can offer, go to the Degrees tab below.
ASU-Beebe recognizes the unique nature of military service and is committed to easing the transfer of relevant course credits, providing flexible academic residency requirements, and crediting learning from appropriate military training and experience.
Many courses offered at the Little Rock Air Force Base center satisfy Community College of the Air Force (CCAF), USAF Airman Education and Commissioning Program (AECP), and USAF Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) requirements. Classes are open to active duty military personnel, Department of Defense civilian employees, military Reserve members, National Guard personnel, military dependents, and military retirees. Courses are also available to the general public on a space available basis, security posture permitting. ASU-Beebe accepts transfer credit from the Community College of the Air Force, a regionally accredited and federally chartered degree-granting institution.
The ASU-Beebe Campus location at Little Rock Air Force Base offers selected associate degrees and classes year round in accelerated 8-week terms and traditional semesters, in classroom settings and in internet-assisted format. Certificate programs in automobile and household upholstery are also available in 8-week terms in an on-base facility accessible to the public with a special pass issued by the base.
Two examination-for-credit programs—the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DSST examinations—are provided for students who desire to earn college credits by demonstrating their knowledge of academic subjects on standardized, internet-based tests.
- LRAFB students will need to check with the local office to recieve campus specific book information.
*Gainful employment information is available on each departments respective page.
- Applying for TA: Helpful Hints
All military service members who are eligible for Tuition Assistance must consult with their education advisor, Education Service Officer, or counselor within their military service PRIOR to enrolling at ASU-Beebe in order to obtain approval for Tuition Assistance. Additionally, currently enrolled personnel receiving Tuition Assistance must consult with their education advisor, Education Service Officer, or counselor PRIOR to changing their program of study at ASU-Beebe to continue receiving Tuition Assistance.
- Air force Portal
- Colleges and Universities Use of Military Service Marks
- Department of Defense Instruction DoDI1322.25, Voluntary Education Programs
- Department of Defense Installation Access for Educational Institutions
- Department of Defense Memorandum of Understanding (DoDMOU)
- Department of Veterans Affairs: How does a school get a program approved for GI Bill benefits?
- DoD MOU Voluntary Education Institutional Compliance Program
- Executive Order 13607 – Principles of Excellence
- Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Postsecondary Education Complaint System
- Student Outcomes
- Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE
- Links to Military Services
- DoD VOLED https://www.militaryonesource.mil/voluntary-education
- U.S. Army https://www.goarmyed.com/
- U.S. Navy https://www.navycollege.navy.mil/
- U.S. Air Force https://www.my.af.mil/gcss-af/USAF/ep/home.do
- U.S. Marine Corps http://www.usmc-mccs.org/services/education/voluntary-education/
Get In Touch
Campus Operations Manager
Coordinator of Campus Operations
HEI Program Coordinator
|Dr. Larry Ranney